Drain Cleaning in Albuquerque, NM
Conveniently Fixing Your Slow or Clogged Drains
One of the most frustrating things to deal with in your home or office is a clogged drain. Not only is there usually a mess to clean, but the clog is often impossible to see from the surface. If you're dealing with multiple slow drains, then you've likely got an issue requiring sewer services.
If you just have one slow drain, whether it be in your sink or shower, you just need a thorough drain cleaning in Albuquerque, NM, or the surrounding areas. While DIY options are possible if you have a drain snake, if you're unsure about what you're doing, you could damage your pipes. It’s usually best to leave the job to the professionals!
Why Is Drain Cleaning Important?
Even if you do not have an imminent problem with your drain that requires immediate repair, our team may still be of service to you. Routine drain cleaning is an important part of any plumbing maintenance plan and is the best way to prevent the need for constant repairs.
Our local plumbers recommend that you request professional drain cleaning in Albuquerque instead of using a liquid drain cleaner that could actually harm your pipes.
Causes of Clogged Drains:
- Soap residue
- Makeup and hair products
- Food waste
- Tree root intrusions in outdoor pipes
- Foreign objects flushed or pushed into drains
Clean drains are more durable and will last longer than ones that have been ignored. Allow our Albuquerque plumbers to perform regular cleaning services at least two to four times per year for optimal drain conditions.
How to Prevent Drain Clogs
No one wants to put up with a blocked drain. Fortunately, there are several things that you can do to keep your drain from getting clogged.
Actions You Can Take to Prevent Blocked Drains Include:
- Avoid putting certain things down your kitchen sink – You might think that having a garbage disposal means you can put nearly anything into the drain in your kitchen sink. However, this is far from the truth. There are several items you should never allow down your drain, including coffee grounds, cooking grease, starchy foods, eggshells, bones, and high-fiber foods.
- Rinse your drains regularly – Over time, minerals and other debris can begin to accumulate within your pipes. One way to prevent this is by regularly pouring hot (boiling is better) water down your drain. You can also pour a cup of vinegar into your drain, leave it for 30 minutes, and then rinse with hot water.
- Use a hair stopper – One of the most common reasons that homeowners contact us for drain cleaning in Albuquerque is due to hair in a shower drain or bathroom sink. A hair stopper fits over your sink or shower drain to prevent hair from going into the pipes.
- Add a lint-trap – Although you’re thankful for your washing machine thoroughly cleaning your clothes, the removed dirt and clothes particles can cause issues in your drain lines. Be sure you have a lint-trap protecting your washing machine’s drain line from clogs.
Schedule Drain Cleaning in Albuquerque Today
Whatever the cause of your clog may be, the team at Steward’s Plumbing Inc. can solve your problem. Using the latest technology and methods, our Albuquerque plumbers will quickly and effectively diagnose the source of the clog and provide a reliable solution to restore complete functionality.