Water Heater Installation in Albuquerque, NM
Installing and Replacing Conventional & Tankless Water Heaters
Nothing starts your day off quite like a hot shower in the early morning. Your family needs hot water day-in and day-out, so your home's water heater works continuously year-round.
At Steward's Plumbing Inc., we want to ensure that your water heater will be running efficiently for years to come by replacing an old model with a newer, better one.
There are many makes and models from which to choose, but our Albuquerque water heater installation experts are here to help you find the most energy-efficient model for your hot water needs.
When Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
Check out key signs you need a new water heater installation in Albuquerque below.
- You run out of hot water time and time again - If you keep running out of hot water, then your tank water heater isn't big enough for your hot water consumption. Either upgrade your unit's tank size or consider a tankless water heater.
- Rusty colored water - If your hot water is this rusty color, then one of two issues could be happening. It could be that your anode rod is corroding so much that it's contaminating your water and we'll just need to replace your anode rod. But if the corrosion has spread to the water heater itself, then contact us for water heater replacement in Albuquerque.
- Loud rumbling or grinding noises - Some sounds like snapping or popping just mean that you need to clean out your water heater. But if you're getting these loud rumbling or grinding sounds then you'll need water replacement soon.
- Old age - Tank water heaters on average work for 8-12 years while tankless water heaters can survive for 20 years. If your unit is older, think twice before water heater repair and give our Albuquerque water heater replacement specialists a call.
- One repair after another - At some point, water heater repair becomes more expensive than a new water heater. If your system requires frequent repairs, it’s time to consider a replacement.
Tankless Water Heater Options Available for Ultimate Convenience
In addition to conventional water heaters, the plumbers at Steward's Plumbing Inc. also provide tankless water heater installation in Albuquerque and the surrounding areas. Tankless water heaters have been growing in popularity due to the many benefits that they offer. While typically more expensive to install than conventional and hybrid water heaters, tankless units make up for the upfront costs because they are more efficient and cost less to operate.
The Benefits of Installing a Tankless Water Heater Include:
- It lowers energy bills
- It takes up much less space than a conventional water heater
- It increases energy-efficiency
- It has a longer life (by 5 to 10 years) than a traditional water heater
- It provides an “endless” supply of hot water
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
How is it that you can get “endless” hot water from a tankless water heater? It is due to the ingenuity of the system, which heats water rapidly on demand. When you turn on a hot water tap in your home, water will flow through your tankless water heater and rise in temperature as it winds through the piping, all within a matter of seconds. As long as you have access to electricity or propane – depending on if you have an electric or gas tankless water heater – you will be able to get hot water in your home. Now that’s the modern-day convenience you and your family deserve.
Water Heater Installation FAQ’s
How Long Does It Take to Install a Water Heater?
Typically, replacing a water heater takes an experienced professional two to three hours. The process involves safely removing the old unit (45-60 minutes), positioning the new water heater (30 minutes), and connecting it to the appropriate water and power sources (45-60 minutes).
Can I Install a Water Heater on My Own?
We strongly urge home and business owners to let an experienced plumber handle their water heater installation. Improper installation voids most water heater warranties and poses a serious safety and financial risk. One small mistake can result in a leak, fire, or explosion that could cost thousands of dollars to repair. In addition to all of this, it is illegal to install a gas related appliance without the proper licensing. Let Steward's take care of all your tankless water heater needs.
What are the Benefits of a Professional Installation?
Some of the advantages of letting a professional plumber handle the installation of your new water heater include reliable advice on the size and type of unit that’s right for you, correct and timely installation, adherence to safety standards, and total peace of mind. Put simply, our plumbing experts have the knowledge, skills, tools, and materials to get your water heater replaced the right way!
Contact our Albuquerque water heater replacement and installation experts at Steward's Plumbing Inc. to arrange a service today. Be sure to ask about our special financing options available to eligible customers!